2017 and before
- Invited talk at the 9th International Conference on Modeling, Simulation, and Applied Optimization, Morocco, April 2023.
- Invited talk at the Department of Computational and Data Sciences (CDS), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, India, January 2023.
- Invited talk at the Department of Mathematics, School of Advanced Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology, India, January 2023.
- Invited talk at the special session “Stochastic Optimization Methods in Machine Learning–II” at the Seventh International Conference on Continuous Optimization 2022 (ICCOPT 2022), Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA, July 23-28, 2022.
- Invited eminent speaker at “Applications of Machine Learning" — Faculty Development Program at Dr. B. C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur and MAKAUT Nodal Centre Zone, technically sponsored by ACM and Computer Society of India, February 26, 2022.
- Invited at the INFORMS Annual meeting, Anaheim, CA, USA, October 2021.
- Invited talk at the minisymposium SIAM Conference on Optimization-2020 (SIOPT-20),Hong Kong, May-23-29, 2020.
- Invited talk On A Weighted Singular Value Thresholding Problem, in special session "New Trends in Optimization Methods and Machine Learning--I and II" at the International Conference on Continuous Optimization 2019, Berlin, Germany, August 2019.
- Invited talk A Nonconvex Projection Method for Robust PCA, in special session "Stochastic Optimization Methods and Approximation Theory in Machine Learning I and II" at 2018 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, November 2018.
- Invited talk at Minisymposiam COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR LARGE-SCALE MACHINE LEARNING IN IMAGING, at SIAM Conference on Imaging Science, Bologna, Italy, June 2018.
- Invited talk "Online and Batch Supervised Background Estimation via L1 Regression" at KAUST workshop on Optimization and Big Data, KAUST, Saudi Arabia, February 2018.
2017 and before
- Invited talk at American Mathematical Society’s Sectional Meeting, Orlando, Florida, September 2017 (joint work with Prof. Xin Li of UCF and Prof. Peter Richtárik of KAUST and University of Edinburgh).
- Invited talk "A problem of weighted low-rank approximation of matrices and its applications in machine learning" at American Mathematical Society’s annual meeting at Atlanta, Georgia, January 2017.
- Final presentation on "Sparse recovery using quantum annealing", in Math Modeling in Industry workshop for graduate students XIX organized by Institute for Mathematics and its Application (IMA), Minnesota, August 2015. [Presentation]
- Invited talk "An extension of a result of Golub, Hoffman and Stewart" at American Mathematical Society’s annual meeting at San Antonio, Texas, January 2015.
- Talk on "Progress on low-rank matrix approximation" in International Conference on Mathematics and Computing (ICMC 2013), jointly organized by Defense Research and Development Organization of India (DRDO), Indian Institute of Technology KGP, and HIT, December 2013.
- Talk on "A numerical method for weighted low-rank matrix approximation" in 79th annual conference of Indian Mathematically Society (IMS), December 2013.
- Colloquium talk "Weighted low-rank matrix approximation", Invited speaker at Tennessee Technological University, October 2013.